The most welcoming people you will meet

group

Welcoming.

The word I believe describes Lao people perfectly. I am amazed at their generosity and sincerity towards everyone, it truly is remarkable.

A little going away party was held for some of our staff tonight at my boss’ place. Instead of having the usual Asian food with Beerlao, it was pizza and chicken wings with Beerlao- SCORE!

You know how 60% of the human body is made of water? Well I can guarantee that the remaining 40% will solely consist of rice and noodles by the time I go back to Canada. Overload.

I am so lucky to have friends, also known as coworkers, who make work fun and meaningful. I admire their welcoming hearts. They make me want to be better.

I’m grateful to be surrounded by these people everyday.

Pretty emotional blog post eh? 😉

-Marielle

ammala, christy and mar.jpg

^My communication sisters and I showing off our sinh’s and pants made from women in our Area Development Programs across Laos! (insert everyone’s comments on the height difference)

Advertisements

One thought on “The most welcoming people you will meet

  1. This is awesome, Marielle.
    I’m happy to see how happy you are. 🙂
    Looks like you are surrounded by the right people and are having the time of your life.
    Keep it going!

    B.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s