Another year, another birthday.
A collection of thoughts, accomplishments and comments from life as a 22-year-old.
- There is more good in the world than bad. Travelling reminds me of this.
- I CAN make a difference for the environment. Educating myself is key.
- Asia seems like a different universe.
- I started a blog and love writing for it.
- God was there when I needed Him.
- My circle of friends has never been so internationally diverse.
- Céline Dion still rules.
- Smiling is a universal sign of love, appreciation and joy- it goes a long way.
- Seeing friends struggle through mental illnesses is crushing.
- Going out of my comfort zone makes for the best memories and stories.
- I became a godmother again to a little boy I love so much.
- Born and raised in Canada is one of the luckiest things to have happened to me.
- Job hunting is not fun.
- True friendships are when you jump right back to where you left off and it seems like nothing has changed.
- Dutch people are top of the list of friendliest fellow travellers.
- Learning some Lao language was fun, confusing and frustrating.
- I finally got bangs and I love it.
- Everyday I worked for World Vision I learned something new and I realized how little I knew.
- I have seen more of the world as a 22-year-old than at any another age.
- I am considered tall EVERYWHERE. (shocker)
- I organized and motivated a team to run in a race. I ran a quarter marathon and came FOURTH!
- I’ve learned more about the world, myself and the power of giving this past year.
Who knows what adventures await as a 23-year-old?!
I’m ready for a new chapter, so bring it.